Friday, October 10, 2008

bon voyage

Megan left on Tuesday for Germany, then Turkey for 10 months. I miss her so much already, but I am so excited for her and so proud of her!! I got a little emotional (who me?!) a few days before she left. I'm not really sure why -- I mean, we haven't lived in the same place for almost eight years, but for some reason the fact that she will be gone for an entire year this time really hit me. That is so long!! And I am really going to miss her. She is so brave and I feel so lucky to have a sister like her. She continues to amaze me!

We had so much fun during the few days she was home (in between her summer in Alaska and leaving for Germany/Turkey). We spent time with the family, went to dinner, shopped, hung out, talked and went for a really fun hike!

We took this picture on our hike. On our way home we found this cute little garden on the side of the road by Cougar Mountain that had flowers for sale. We took this bouquet home to our mom. So pretty!!

No comments: