Sunday, June 7, 2009

paris, oh paris!

Well, we are back… It has taken me awhile to sort through all (1500!!!) pictures I took and I still don’t think I have looked at every single one. I’ve been taking my time and enjoying the memories that come to mind with each picture. Now that I have things somewhat organized, I will begin to share :) The thing is, I don’t even know where to begin…

Paris was amazing!! We stayed two blocks from the Eiffel Tower and every night we got to watch it twinkle. Pictures cannot do this amazing structure justice. Standing right below the Eiffel Tower is an amazing feeling – I felt so small, yet so great. I think that is where I fell in love with PARIS!! We did everything. We saw the Louvre, Musee d'Orsay (my favorite museum), Arc de Triomphe, Notre Dame, St. Chappelle, Sacre Coeur, walked through Montmartre, the Marais district, Shakespeare & Co., had crepes, drank wine (once out of baby bottles!!), rode the bus, the train, the metro, the open air bus, went to the Rodin museum, the Holocaust memorial, shopped, got caught in the rain, checked out the nightlife, walked Champs de Ellyse, ate some of the best sandwiches and croissants ever, bought flowers from the street vendor, took a boat down the Seine, and spent a day at Versailles… Honestly, I can’t pick one thing that was my favorite because, really, it was all just perfect!! Seeing all of these things with my family was such a wonderful experience and I am so thankful for the time we had in Paris.

I have started a website with pictures from our trip here: http://paristanbul.tumblr.com/. I have uploaded as many pictures as they will let me do in a day today and I will continue to add pictures...

No comments: