Saturday, January 23, 2010

photography workshop

Today I took a class with an amazing professional photographer, Tara Clark. She offers a workshop out of her home a couple times a year, and I have been wanting to attend for over a year now! As one of my Christmas presents my mom and dad signed me up -- What a great gift! She taught how to get great pictures by using the right settings and the right lighting. And she also offered some great techniques for editing pictures in Photoshop after shoot. I just love her style of photography. She has a great blog: taraclarkphotography.blogspot.com. Check it out!

This class has me very excited about taking pictures again. Not that I ever lost interest, but it kind of refreshed me in a way and reminded me that it is not that hard and it is so fun! I have been asked to photograph a doggie birthday party in a couple weeks... (Hey, every photographer has to start somewhere, right?!) So it was fitting that we used Tara's dog as a model for a few shots this afternoon. Great practice for my upcoming gig...

1 comment:

Megan said...

Sounds like a blast!!! A doggie Birthday party??? heehee, you'll take great pictures!

Was your blog private for awhile??? I looked last month and this month but only now see the entries of Kirsten's wedding etc. strange...hope you keep writing!!!